Monday, July 25, 2011

It's a sweet baby girl.

When Jason and I decided to start a family, I went crazy. Anyone who knows me knows what I mean by that.
Baby Blogs-I found them. Baby Names-I studied them. Ovulation Apps-I bought them.  
I wanted to be completely prepared for pregnancy & baby life.  I also wanted to be a chic maternity momma that would make my future babies and husband proud. And From the moment I found out Jason and I would become parents, I instantly assumed I was having a boy.
But I always had this little voice in the back of my head that said “I’m a girl mom”. 
And one day I came across a blog that featured a gender reveal party and I was completely smitten. I knew that this was something I really wanted to do. In fact, I felt I NEEDED to do it! I love parties, I love to throw parties and I thought this would be the best way to tell everyone what we were having. Plus I have the Best friends (See post two) and an amazing family, that all stand behind me & support me unconditionally, and in a way this would be celebrating them too. (At least in my weird mind I would be)
So on April 20, 2011, the day the EPT read YES! The party planning began.
It would be a long 14 weeks.
On the 5th of July we found out Baby Burns was a SHE.
  And for the next 2 weeks, I had to keep my mouth shut. This was really hard for me. And by “Really Hard”, I mean next to impossible. But For the sake of the party I did it.
  July 23rd:  we had our PINK vs. BLUE tailgating Gender Reveal Bash! We had Jason's father cut the cake, to reveal the gender color. The moment he pulled out the knife with pretty pink frosting, the crowd went wild! It was a special moment I don’t think I could ever forget. And I got to share it with the people I adore most in the world.

Jason & I were having a sweet baby girl.

Gianna "Gia" Kathleen Burns already has our heart.

I could not be more proud of her and she isnt even here yet.

What's Inside? Pink or Blue?
It's a girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment